Thursday, March 6, 2014

Exercise Simple sentence by using Adverbs or Adverbial Phrases


Exercise 93
Combine each set of sentences into one Simple sentence by using Adverbs or Adverbial
Phrases:-
1. I accept your statement. I do it without reserve.
2. He answered me. His answer was correct.
3. He forgot his umbrella. That was careless.
4. He is a bad boy. This is certain.
5. The train is very late. That is usual.
6. I shall come back. I shall not be long.
7. He kicked the goal-keeper. It was his intention to do so.
8. He was obstinate. He refused to listen to advice.
9. He spent all his money. This was foolish.
10. He was not at the meeting. His absence was unavoidable.
11. He applied for leave. It was not granted.
12. He admitted his error. He expressed his regret.
13. I met him only once. It was in a railway carriage.
14. He has succeeded. His success has been beyond my expectation.
15. It must be done. The cost does not count.
16. I have read Bacon. It has profited me greatly.
17. He persevered. He was not deterred by obstacles.
18. The door was open. It looked rather suspicious.
19. He is not qualified for the post. He is not qualified in any degree.
20. The blow dazed him. That condition lasted only for a time.
21. I did not eat any of the poisoned food. This was lucky.
22. He solved the problem. Its .solution took him no time.
23. He visited Ooty. He did so for reasons of health,
24. He accomplished the task. He brought unflagging industry to his accomplishment.
25. Boys grow up to be men. The growth is very slow. It cannot be seen.
26. Rama struck Krishna. His blows were cruel. They were frequent. There was no reason for this.

No comments: