Thursday, March 6, 2014

Exercise Combine each set of sentences into one Simple sentence by using Participles


Exercise 88.
Combine each set of sentences into one Simple sentence by using Participles:-
1. He hurt his foot. He stopped.
2. The thief had been in prison before. He received severe sentences.
3. He was unwilling to go any further. He returned home.
4. They saw the uselessness of violence. They changed their policy.
5. He was weary of failure. He emigrated to Africa.
6. The King was warned of his danger. He made good his escape.
7. He lost a large sum of money. He gave up speculation.
8. I received no answer. I knocked a second time.
9. His wife encouraged him. He persevered.
10. He gave up his situation. He was not satisfied with his salary.
11. He felt tired. He laid his work aside.
12. He went straight on. He saw Hari on the path.
13. The stable door was open. The horse was stolen.
14. The hunter took up his gun. He went out to shoot the Hon.
15. I went to Mumbai last year. I wished to see a dentist.
16. A crow stole a piece of cheese. She flew to her nest to enjoy the tasty meal.
17. The magician took pity on the mouse. He turned it into a cat.
18. A passenger alighted from the train. He fell over a bag on the platform.
19. My sister was charmed with the silk. She bought ten yards.
20. I did not hear his answer. It was spoken quietly.
21. The steamer was delayed by a storm. She came into port a day late.
22. He had resolved on a certain course. He acted with vigour.
23. The letter was badly written. I had great difficulty in making out its contents.
24. A hungry fox saw some bunches of grapes. They were hanging from a vine.
25. Cinderella hurried away with much haste. She dropped one of her little glass-slippers.
26. I was walking along the street one day, I saw a dead snake.
27. He was overpowered. He surrendered.
28. He ran at top speed. He got out of breath.
29. He possessed all the advantages of education and wealth. He never made a name.
30. He was occupied with important matters. He had no leisure to see visitors,
31. The Russians burnt Moscow. The French were forced to quit it.
32. The votes on each side were equal. The chairman gave his casting vote against the resolution.
33. Wolsey lost the favour of his master. He was dismissed from his high offices.
34. He is a big boy. He is very strong. He is in the foot-ball team:
35. He came to me. He wanted leave. He was ill.
36. I heard Abdul. He was shouting very loudly. He was calling me.
37. He raised his gun. He took aim. He shot the tiger.
38. He could not eat hard food. He was very old. He had lost his teeth.
39. I have told you the facts. I have nothing more to say. I will sit down.
40. I was returning home. I saw a man. He looked very ill. He was lying by the roadside.

No comments: