Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Exercise in Grammar RELATIVE PRONOUNS

RELATIVE PRONOUNS
Name the Relative Pronouns in the following sentences, tell the case of each, and
mention its antecedent:-
1. The pen that you gave me is a very good one.
2. The answer which you gave is not right.
3. I know the woman whose child was hurt.
4. Bring me the letters which the postman left.
5. This is the house that Jack built.
6. Hari saw the man who had been hurt.
7. We met the sailors whose ship was wrecked.
8. Here are the books which I found.
9. The cat killed the rat that ate the com.
10. Bring me the books which lie on the table.
11. Here is the book that you lent me.
12. I hate children who are cruel.
13. Show me the knife that you have bought.
14. He has not brought the knife that I asked for.
15. Dogs soon know the persons by whom they are kindly treated.
16. This is the juggler whom we saw yesterday.
17. They that seek wisdom will be wise
Exercise in Composition 30
Fill the blanks with suitable Relative Pronouns:-
1. We always like boys --- speak the truth.
2. We saw the dog --- worried the cat.
3. He ---, does his best shall be praised.
4. I know ---. you mean.
5. She has gone to Chennai, --- is her birthplace.
6. I have seen the bird --- you describe.
7. I do not know the man --- hit the boy.
10. Here is the pen --- you lost.
11. Most people get --- they deserve.
12. Time --- is lost is never found again.
13. I did not know the person --- called.
14. He is a man --- you can trust. .
15. Where is the book --- I gave you?
16. Is this the street --- leads to the station? .
17. The letter --- you wrote never arrived.
18. Listen to --- I say.
19. He --- is merciful shall meet mercy.
20. Did you receive the letter --- I sent yesterday?
21. --- I have said, I have said.
22. --- he was I could never find out.
23. --- do you believe him to be?
24. Do you know --- has happened?
25. --- is done cannot be undone.
26. Do the same --- I do.
27. For my purpose I need such a man --- he is.
28. God helps those --- help themselves.
29. No man can lose --- he never had.
30.You should not imitate such a boy --- he.


No comments: