Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Exercise in Grammar

REFLEXIVE AND EMPHATIC PRONOUNS
Tell which Pronouns in the following sentences are Reflexive and which Emphatic:-[Emphatic Pronouns are also called Emphasizing Pronouns.]

1. I will go myself.
2. Rama has hurt himself.
3. We often deceive ourselves.
4. I myself heard the remark.
5. You express yourself very imperfectly.
6. I wash myself when I get up.
7. The boys hid themselves.
8. They have got themselves into a mess.
9. Boadicea poisoned herself.
10. They loved themselves so much that they thought of no one else.
11. The prisoner hanged himself.
12. The poor widow poisoned herself.
13. They enjoyed themselves.
14. Don't you deceive yourself?
15. I myself heard the remark.
16. He set himself a hard task.
17. We exerted ourselves.
18. The dog choked itself.
19. They gave themselves a lot of trouble.
20. We seldom see ourselves as others see us.
21. A house divided against itself cannot stand.
22. He that wrongs his friend wrongs himself more.
23. Some people are always talking about themselves.
24. Xerxes himself was the last to cross the Hellespont,
25. He has landed himself in difficulties.
26. Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
27. Quit yourselves like men.
28. Whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased.
29. Sinai itself trembled at the presence of, God.
30. I cannot bring myself to do it.
31. Pray do not inconvenience yourself.
32. I was sitting by myself.

33. And sometimes I do hate myself.

No comments: