Thursday, March 6, 2014

Compound sentences to Complex sentences


Exercise 84.
Convert the following Compound sentences to Complex sentences:-
1. Give me the book and I will read it.
2. Take quinine and your fever will be cured.
3. I tell him to be quiet and he takes no notice.
4. He is deaf but he will always pretend to hear.
5. You have paid the bill but you will get no more credit. ,
6. I ran all the way to the station but I missed the train.
7. Rama is a better player than Krishna and therefore he must take his place in the team.
8. You called me and here I am.
9. The master is nearly blind and the boys are very sorry for him.
10. We will win or die.
11. Let me come in, or I will break down the door.
12. Be careful in your diet and you will keep health.
13. Listen and I will tell you all.
14. He is very agreeable but I don't like him.
15. It is cold, so I shall wear a coat.
16. Send me the gun and I will mend it.
17. Be good and you need not be clever.
18. Follow me, or you will lose your way.
19. You ordered the goods and so they have been sent.
20. You must pay, or else sign a chit.
21. I do not like his lectures and so I don't attend them.
22. He ran away, or they would have killed him.
23. He has injured me but I will forgive him.
24. Be quiet, or I shall punish you.
25. Be just and fear not.
26. He was never present, but he always sent a deputy.
27. Be kind and help me.
28. Pay heed to the small details and the general plan will surely succeed.
29. He is certain to be late, so why wait for him ?
30. You or I must go away.
31. Sri Lanka went in first on a very wet wicket, and so they lost the match.
32. They tried to bribe the peon but he was too clever for them.

No comments: